Sunday, November 1, 2009

On November 1, I made a scene!

There is a reason this daily thing is called a challenge! It has been a challenge today with my mother, who is 85 and in bad health, and my mother-in-law, who is in the hospital after a fall, and trying to help them, along with church and the usual Sunday stuff.

I set up the scene to do a painting but barely managed to do a quick sketch. I DID though. So I can check off Nov. 1! Here's the quick sketch, about 30 minutes and most of that just on the onions. It's not what I wanted to do but I guess it leaves lots of room for improvement this month!

8 comments:

  1. Love the shine on the red onion! Great light.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be hard for you to be coping with all the things that are happening around you at the moment, and yes you're still finding time to do a beautiful sketch(not done yet but for 30 minutes that's an impressive result). I hope things will improve for you, and that you'd have more time to draw more beautiful things around you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could enlarge the pencil sketch to see it closer - your lines and light reflection on the "more finished" is really well done, as it is in what I can see of your garlic too. With everything going on, I hope making art brought some quiet to your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go - you're on your way. Please leave messages on the EDM board every day so we can cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again Bravo! You are off to a great start. I look forward to your progress and your inspiration. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely sketch and art project. The secret to a lot of happiness is doing what you can do at the time and not sweat the rest. Things move in cycles. Grab time as you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a quick sketch? How fabulous, I love the contrast you captured between the light and darker onion. Good for you. I guess that is the secret right there. Just do it! You had a hectic schedule but you were determined and made the time, which will probably help you in coping with what you are dealing with right now. Thanks for sharing with us. Very motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You compose a still life scene to sketch very well! Great job in 30 minutes of sketching. Art is therapeutic, isn't it, when life is full? Welcome back to EDM!

    ReplyDelete