Friday, November 27, 2009

On November 27, I made a good choice!

And stayed at home, away from the maddening crowds at the stores on Black Friday! There has only been once or twice when I actually went shopping on the day after Thanksgiving and I wished I hadn't. Now I just stay home and work on a puzzle or play games. Today I also worked on making a better bag.
I made my bag better by adding a pocket with a button and stitching around the outside edges to give it a little more shape. The fabric I used to trim my bag is actually from a men's cotton shirt and the pocket is straight off the shirt. I sometimes pick up pieces of clothing at the Goodwill store, especially on Sunday when they have some items for 99 cents. Blue and white is one of my favorite color combinations, so while I was sewing, I made a pot holder/hot pad, too, perhaps to practice... Christmas is coming, after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment