Monday, November 9, 2009

On November 9, I made inchies!

Knowing I would be running around all over today, I wanted to do tiny snapshots of my day. I drew out squares and added little sketches throughout the day, though most ended up being done in the last couple of hours. These tiny drawings represent the big and small events of the day: sitting with my mother this morning, taking my mother-in-law to the doctor, watching the hurricane/tropical storm coming closer, cooking supper which included roasted chicken and banana pudding, working on a research paper/speech for graduation of the Master Gardening classes (cannot believe this is the end!), and preparing for a much-needed girls' getaway this weekend. Things I missed today: seeing my grandbabies, having a long conversation with my best friend, and sleep!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to enlarge the pic but it wouldn't. Bummer. Sketching tiny things is still drawing. Have you seen some of Nina Johanssens' blog? She doesn't mark off squares which are great for the tiny drawings but when you want to do something bigger but still not a whole page she draws one and then another and another on the same page. Look here.

    Your inchies or her larger drawings all add up to drawing and a filled journal which means memories besides gaining skill. You are doing better than I am at getting drawing done. I keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. freebird, I've enjoyed Nina's work for a while:o) I spend way too much time looking at other people's drawings!
    I've tried to figure out how to make my pictures link to a larger image and I can't. I'd love some help on that.
    Thanks for your flattering remarks, I've seen your blog and your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete