Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On November 11, I made notes!

Today was our last day and graduation of the Master Gardener class that started in August. I can not believe it has flown by so quickly! As part of the certification process, each one in the class had to do a short research paper and give a short speech on the topic. My talk was on growing herbs. I took a few notes and managed to do some sketches of some of the others as they gave their speeches. If anyone from class ever sees this, please accept my humble apologies! I know these sketches look nothing like the beautiful people I've spent Wednesday of the last 15 weeks with. But I've given myself permission to make bad drawings hoping that somehow I will improve as I do.



Although our classes are over, the certification process for Master Gardener is not over yet. We must complete 50 hours of volunteer work, along with a few other requirements, before we are actually certified. It's part of the perpetual cycle of training others to train others to train others. That's one of my favorite parts of this program, knowing I will help others to learn as I have learned.

I am leaving tomorrow for a short vacation. I don't know if I will be able to post here, but I will be making something each day and will share when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment