Wednesday, November 18, 2009

On November 17, I made a light!

Yesterday evening I had an unexpected visit from my daughter and granddaughters, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Then I went to my mother's to stay so I didn't get to draw until she went to bed. I barely got this finished before midnight! This is also EDM #120 Draw a flashlight.

My heart is heavy this week for 2 families who used to go to church with us who have lost loved ones, one a 15-year-old boy who was hit by a car while jogging, the other a grandfather who died this morning after having a stroke earlier in the week. No matter what the age of a loved one, we grieve because we miss them. Yesterday in class as I showed my project (the monster) I had an opportunity to mention the funeral. This young man was so loved. There were hundreds of people in the church mourning. Several of his classmates got up to tell what he meant to them and every one of them said, "He was my best friend." Because he shared himself wholeheartedly with those he was around, they considered themselves blessed to have known him. He was good at everything he did, his grandfather said, and he loved to have fun and make you smile. Most of all he loved Jesus and was not afraid to show it. He will be greatly missed. So now, as you wipe away a tear, go tell someone you love them before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment